Webinar: Authentic Conversations: Navigating the Transgender Experience and Pronoun Usage in the Workplace
Includes a Live Web Event on 03/28/2024 at 1:00 PM (EDT)
Please join us on Thursday, March 28th at 1:00 pm Eastern Time for an authentic conversation on navigating the transgender experience and pronoun usage in the workplace. Dr. Elijah Nicholas will provide a safe environment for this discussion on:
- Pronoun usage in the workplace: the good, the bad, and the indifferent.
- Methods for human resource leaders and professionals to navigate LGBTQIA+ employee's experiences (with and amongst all employees) while facilitating authentic employee inclusion (specifically from the transgender perspective), genuine welcoming of all employees, and understanding/empathizing with differences within the organization.
Participants will gain:
- Understanding of the Transgender experience based on facilitator's lived experiences.
- Understanding of the differences between Gender Identity and Sexual Orientation and why this understanding is critical to developing inclusive, affirming, and welcoming strategic policies.
- Understanding of how leadership teams in collaboration with human resource professionals can navigate pronoun usage/discussion in the workplace so all employees are included and acknowledged using their preferred language.
Speaker: Dr. Elijah Nicholas (He/Him/His), Founder & Executive Director, 100 Black Trans Men, Inc.
Dr. Elijah Nicholas
Founder & Executive Director
100 Black Trans Men, Inc.
Dr. Elijah Nicholas, Founder of 100 Black Trans Men, Inc. is a visionary leader, retired senior military officer, and spiritual gem. Dr. Elijah has over 20 years of leadership experience and over a decade of executive leadership experience. With multiple degrees and a certificate from Harvard Divinity, 13 publications, and an ordained Pastor at Spirit and Truth Sanctuary, Dr. Elijah is dedicated to educating leaders and organizations on the importance of conscious love, conscious living, and conscious leadership.
A 25 year US veteran, Dr. Nicholas combines his expertise in healthcare administration, research and evaluation, and conscious-driven leadership style to drive change and advocate for health equity, access, and justice for all. His commitment to compassion, inclusion, and impactful leadership shines through in all his endeavors, from advancing economic mobility and stability to promoting holistic health equity. Dr. Nicholas is a transformative force, leading the charge toward a more equitable and inclusive future for all.